Call for Doctoral Consortium Papers
The Doctoral Consortium (DC) at the AIED 2017 conference provides opportunities for cross-fertilization of knowledge and ideas from doctoral students in the many fields that make up this interdisciplinary research area. The DC will serve as a forum for doctoral students to present their work, exchange experiences with peers, discuss ideas for future research, and receive feedback from established AIED researchers and the wider AIED community. We invite students who feel they would benefit from this kind of feedback on their dissertation work by sharing their research with peer students and with senior researchers in the field.
The DC track welcomes papers that report on work-in-progress from doctoral students at any stage in their careers. The strongest candidates will be those who have a clear topic and research approach, and have made some progress, but who are not so far along that they can no longer benefit from feedback received during the conference. The papers must be primarily authored by the doctoral students but can have advisors and collaborators listed as co-authors. The topics of interest are related to the main conference topics.
Structure of DC papers
The papers should describe, in a logical and coherent manner, the aims and objectives of the proposed research, by clearly illustrating:
- The problem(s) addressed and the fit with the state of the art, including any previous work the doctoral student has done.
- The proposed solution(s) and the methodology adopted to achieve it.
- The main contribution(s) of the research to the AIED community.
- The type of feedback sought from the DC.
Structure of DC papersFormat of DC Papers and Submission Instructions
Papers should be:
- 4 pages long, including references.
- Submitted in electronic format via the EasyChair conference paper management system. Instructions on how to submit papers can be found on the Submissions page.
- Formatted in accordance with the guidelines for AIED submissions.
- DC papers due: 27th February, 2017
- Author notification: 20th March, 2017
- Camera ready due: 27th March, 2017
Format of DC at AIED 2017 Conference
- Accepted DC authors will be invited to participate in roundtable sessions during the conference where they will present their work and receive feedback from senior researchers and other DC participants.
- There will be a DC lunch where DC participants and senior researchers will have the opportunity to network and socialize.
There may be funding to cover travel, hotel, and/or registration for advanced students in the Doctoral Consortium. The National Science Foundation and European Community may supply such funds, depending on the outcome of submissions by the conference leadership team. Please check the website for such opportunities as they become available.
Arizona State University
National Central University