ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDS
The Best Paper Award and the Best Student Paper
Can a teachable agent influence how students respond to competition in an educational game?
by Bjorn Sjoden, Mats Lind, and Annika Silvervarg
The Poster awards
(#155) Emmanuel Ayedoun, Yuki Hayashi, and Kazuhisa Seta
Conversational Agent fosters Learners’ Willingness To Communicate in a Second Language: Evaluation of Communication Strategies and Affective Backchannels
(#46) Jun Xie, Keith Shubeck, Scotty Craig, and Xiangen Hu
Learning from Errors: Identifying Strategies in a Math Tutoring System
(#85) Bruce McLaren, Rosta Farzan, Deanne Adams, Richard Mayer, and Jodi Forlizzi
An Analysis of the Benefits of an Educational Game: Who Benefits and How?
Congrats to the winners!
OFFICIAL APP for AIED2017
You’ll be able to:
- View the event agenda and plan your schedule.
- Plan ahead whom to meet at the event by browsing attendee profiles in advance.
- Send in-app messages and exchange contact info.
- Find attendees with common affiliations, education, shared networks and social profiles.
- Receive update notifications from organizers.
- Access agenda, GPS guidance, maps, and parking directions.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 18th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED 2017) is the next in a longstanding series of biennial international conferences for high quality research in intelligent systems and cognitive science for educational computing applications. Empirical and theoretical papers are solicited for submission.
Please submit all papers at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aied2017
Full papers, short papers, and industry papers will be published by Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). Submissions should be in Springer format.
See https://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0 for more details.
– Full papers (10-12 pages)
– Posters (4 pages)
– Industry Papers (up to 6 pages)
– Workshop proposals (2-4 pages)
– Tutorial proposals (2-4 pages)
– Doctoral consortium (4pages): access the call for papers
– Interactive Events (2 pages)
– Abstract for Full Papers Jan 31, 2017, 11:59pm HST
– Full Papers & Posters: Feb 7, 2017, 11:59pm HST
– Industry Papers: Feb 7, 2017, 11:59pm HST
– Workshop & Tutorial Proposals: Jan 13, 2017, 11:59pm HST
– Doctoral Consortium papers: Feb 26, 2017, 11:59pm HST
– Interactive Events: April 7, 2017, 11:59pm HST